Over the next two-days, Yenagoa is providing the location for a one-and-a half-day workshop hosted by the Bayelsa State Ministry of Environment to present a plan to stakeholder which will help transform natural resource management in the Niger Delta and place economic development in the region on a lower carbon more sustainable footing. Opened by Honorable Iniruo Wills, the Bayelsa State Environment Commissioner, the workshop builds on the recommendations of a Scoping Project which was completed in 2014 and is an important step in the process of securing a licence-to-operate from both government and from local communities to carry out a pilot project. Generously supported jointly by the Nigeria embassies of the governments of the Netherlands and Norway respectively, the workshop will interrogate the proposed design and structure of the pilot through a programme of presentations and breakout groups. These will focus on assessing the potential Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Strengths of each of the methodologies the pilot will test and also the potential economic, social and environmental Risks and Impacts that will need to be managed. A report of the results and outcomes of the workshop will be published in due course.
- 30 May ’18: UK-registered Enso-Impact UK, a joint venture partner of Carbon-Plus Capital, today completed a 6-month study to assess the feasibility of a social enterprise to supply renewable energy services to Kenya’s tea producers and farmers
- 30 Apr ’18: Eco Delta Services, Carbon-Plus Capital’s Nigerian joint venture with DIFS Consultant Limited, today completed a study commissioned from Price Waterhouse Coopers Nigeria to assess the feasibility of a project in partnership with Shell Petroleum Development Company to supply electricity and other energy services to off-grid households and business in the Niger Delta based on the utilization of associated petroleum gas from oil fields that would otherwise be flared
- 28 Feb ’18: Eco Delta Services, Carbon-Plus Capital’s Nigerian joint venture with DIFS Consultant Limited, agrees a joint venture with Nigerian-registered industrial services specialist Century Group with the aim of developing an enterprise to supply electricity and other energy services to businesses and households in off-grid communities in the Niger Delta
- 01 Nov ’17: Carbon-Plus Capital and DIFS Consultant, a Nigeria-registered company specializing in social marketing, today announced the formation of Eco Delta Services Limited, a joint venture company established with the aim of pursuing commercial opportunities in low-carbon development in the Niger Delta region of Nigeria
- 01 Dec ’16: Today, the Partners and Sponsors of the Niger Delta Low Carbon Growth Initiative, released a report of the results and outcomes of a two-and-a-half day Workshop hosted by Eco Delta Services Limited, a joint venture between Carbon-Plus Capital and Nigeria-registered social marketing and stakeholder engagement specialist DIFS Consultant Limited, and a founder partner of the Initiative, to develop a strategy and work plan to deliver the next stage of the Initiative’s development